Skip to content

Things to Do After Moving or Relocating to Johns Creek

When you move and relocate to Johns Creek, you may need to visit the local office of Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) to get a Georgia driver’s license. There are two office locations closest to Johns Creek. Depending on which part of Johns Creek you live, you will likely choose one of the two listed offices closest to you.

After that, you may also need to visit the Fulton County Tag Office to register your vehicle and apply for a tag. The office location closest to Johns Creek to register your vehicle and apply for a tag is: 11575 Maxwell Road, Alpharetta, GA  30009.

Within 60-90 days of the closing of your home, you should contact the Fulton County Tax Assessors Office to make sure they have the correct mailing address on record so that you receive all annual tax assessor notices. Incorrect mailing addresses on file happen very occasionally but I have seen it happen enough to let home buyers know they need to follow up on this. Also, if you qualify, you will want to file for homestead exemption as soon as possible. The due date to file homestead exemption is April 1 of each calendar year.

Because Johns Creek has excellent Internet broadband coverage through most of the city, I encourage scheduling installation as soon as possible. I highly recommend AT&T Fiber Service. However, AT&T Fiber may not be available in all parts of Johns Creek and you may be forced into Comcast.